Pumpkin Protein Muffins Take 2

I wasn't 100% satisfied with my last batch so I tried these again....

Ingredients:

1 cup oat, almond, or whole-wheat flour (I used 1 cup brown rice flour)

1 cup unsweetened almond milk

2 egg whites

2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I used Herbalife French Vanilla)

½ cup unsweetened applesauce or incorporate any combination of almond butter or coconut oil that will still add up to ½ cup total (I used 1/2 cup homemade sugar free applesauce)

½ cup organic canned pumpkin

Pinch of salt

1 tsp baking powder

Cinnamon and other pumpkin pie (I used cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice)

2 Tbsp sweetener, such as Stevia, honey or agave nectar (I used agave)

 Instructions:

Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 350 degrees F

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl

Spray cooking spray on the muffin pan – try using coconut oil cooking spray

Fill the each muffin space ¾ of the way full

Place the pan in the oven and wait 20 minutes, checking on them periodically

**Try topping off the muffins with the following coconut milk whipped cream**

Makes 12 regular sized muffins or 36 mini muffins



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast

Our Sourdough Adventure Part 2... The Bread Saga