Pulled "Pork" Tacos

 



For our first kick-off into Plant Based eating, here we are.... Face-to-Face... Face-to-Taco??? I mean who could complain about the yummy goodness of an amazing Taco? I could literally eat Tacos any and every day... All day every day. Anyone else?

These Tacos as I made them, Jack, totally thought I had shredded chicken in the pan. My husband does not like mushrooms, so he wouldn't even try these ones... I should've made them without him home and then tricked him... haha....

In case you missed my journey about why I have transitioned to this change in eating, check it out here

Pulled "Pork" Tacos

Ingredients:

- 4 King Oyster Mushtooms

- 2 tbs. Avocado oil, divided

- 1 tsp smoked paprika

 - 1/4 Himalayan salt

1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper

2 garlic cloves, minced

4 corn tortillas

1 avocado, sliced

2 tbs fresh cilantro, minced

1/2 lime sliced into wedges

Pickled onions


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C).  Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.  Using two forks, shred the stems and caps roughly into pieces (just think of how you would shred chicken or pork. It's exactly the same concept).  Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.

Drizzle 1 Tbs avocado oil, paprika, salt, cayenne and garlic.  Toss around to evenly coat the mushrooms (I like to toss with my hands so that I can evenly distribute the spices).  Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are a bit crispy and brown on the edges.

While the mushrooms are baking, prepare remaining ingredients. 

For tortillas, heat remaining 1 Tbs avocado oil in a cast iron skillet until warm and lightly brown tortillas on both sides over medium heat. 

To assemble, place two tortillas on 2 plates, add mushrooms to tortillas, top with avocado, cilantro, onions and last but not least, give it a quick squeeze of lime and you're left with utter taco perfection.

Honestly, I like this version better than the meat version, if I don't say so myself. 

 


Trumpet Mushrooms in the Shredding Process



Look how beautiful those shredded mushrooms look. Do you see why my husband thought it was chicken?


All seasoned and oven ready


This is what you should have after your mushrooms have baked for about 20 minutes



I mean who wouldn't want to eat this yumminess?!?!


And put it all together and you have this beauty, I mean, trust me, it tastes just as good as it looks!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast