The "get better" soup

As some of you know, I've been fighting this cold bug all week. Tonight I decided to make my family's 'get better' soup in hopes to make this nasty cold to go away. 

Being a stay-at-home mom, I cannot really afford to be sick chasing after two toddlers, so instead of letting this cold take over me, I'm kicking this cold in the butt! 

This soup will definitely make you sweat out your cold with the yumminess of roasted garlic and fresh ginger. Oh, and by the way, this is pretty much the easiest soup to cook!

Ingredients:
12 oz can chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs. fresh grated ginger
4 oz cooked shredded chicken (I omitted chicken since I'm vegetarian)
1 bunch bean thread noodles
1 tbs. Olive oil

Directions:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm oil and sauté garlic until golden brown. Make sure you do not burn the garlic in this step.



Once garlic has browned, add chicken broth, chicken, and ginger. Bring to boil. Add bean thread noodles and reduce heat to low and simmer until noodles have softened and cooked through.

Serve warm and enjoy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast