Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

I'm always trying to find healthy recipes and ways to sneak in more veggies into my kids meals. 

My daughter is like a human garbage disposal and will eat just about anything. My son on the other hand I constantly battle with him eating. 

I let the kids help with making these wonderful muffins and they both enjoyed them so much. And I know Nicholas is getting in some veggies with these! 

These are definitely a must try whether or not you're trying to sneak in some veggies to your kids meals!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup white rice flour
1 1/2 cup finely ground almond
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
zest of 1 large lemon
2 cups peeled and finely grated zucchini
3 large eggs
1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
3/4 cup sugar (I used raw sugar cane)
2 teaspoons lemon extract 


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
line muffin tray with paper liners
combine dry ingredients and set aside
combine lemon zest and zucchini
beat eggs and sugar with a handheld or standing mixer for 3 minutes until pale and creamy
add the zucchini, buttermilk, lemon zest, and lemon extract and beat again. Using a spatula, beat in the dry ingredients until they are all mixed in, working quickly
Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into muffin cup. Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of muffin.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast