Fruity Granola

Man.... Life can sure throw you for a loop sometimes... The life of a stay-at-home police wife.... I keep telling myself I need to update my blog with new recipes and then life happens and a day turns into a week, a week turns into a month and a month turns into several months.

My last entry was in May, and I am sorry to all you viewers who have missed my cooking and haven't had the chance to try a new "Crystal dish" recipe... I am going to honestly try to make more time for all of you... try new recipes and share those recipes with you.

Since my last entry, I have done a lot more cooking with my little ones in the kitchen. It's been great and they actually want to try and cook, so I got a Childrens Cookbook. They are having a blast picking out the menu items for the week and love helping.

I am trying to do more natural cooking for the kids and trying to eliminate anything processed from our households so that we can nourish our bodies with greatness.

This granola was so fun to make and Brooklyn loved making this one. Nicholas only helps sometimes, but when he does he's all for it. This was Brooklyn's pick from the cookbook so he didn't want to help. He's not really a granola kid for the making part, but he loves the eating part of it.

Granola is a great go-to for a quick breakfast. You can eat this over yogurt, or even pour a little milk over it and eat it like cereal. I hope you all enjoy this one.

Fruity Granola

Serves 8

Ingredients:
2 tbs. sunflower pol
6 tbs. pure maple syrup or honey
3 3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup dried banana chips, broken into small pieces
3/4 cup raisins
milk or plain yogurt to serve

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400. Heat the oil and maple syrup or honey in a saucepan over low heat. Pour the maple syrup and oil mixture into a large bowl with the oats, hazelnuts, and pumpin seeds.  Place the mixture onto a baking sheet, spread it out, and cook in the over for 10 minutes, or until the granola turns golden brown color.  Let the oat mixture cool on the sheet and then pour into a bowl.  Add the dried banana chips and raisins to the mixture and stir well. 

Serve your granola in a bowl with milk or a spoonful or plain yogurt.

TIP:  Store your granola in an airtight container and have it for breakfast a few times over a couple of weeks. 

Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast