Mommy's Yummy Lunch Salad

I don't always have time to make a gourmet lunch for myself, but sometimes my kiddos nap around the perfect time and I am able to whip something yummy up.

I try and eat healthy during the day because with all this baking I do, I could definitely just give into to the temptation to eat an entire batch of sweets, but luckily I have good self control and don't eat it all.

Today I wanted to make myself a salad, but I wanted a little carbs too and luckily I had some quinoa I had cooked already and I could just throw it in the salad. It was a yummy salad and hit the spot.

Ingredients:
4 assorted baby bell peppers, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
4 mushrooms, sliced
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 morning star vegan burger patties, cooked and cut into cubes (I like the black bean burgers best)
1 slice swiss cheese, cubed
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1/4 cup cooked quinoa

Directions:
In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms, and peppers to pan.  Season with salt and pepper.  Saute veggies until tender about 5 minutes. Add balsamic to skillet and cook an additional minute. Remove from heat and cover.

 
 
 


Place lettuce in a large bowl, top with quinoa, cheese, burger and veggies. Toss with tongs to combine.

No dressing is needed for this salad. The veggies will produce juices and mixed together with the salad is AMAZING!

  


  Pinterest link: 

http://pinterest.com/pin/222224562836569844/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast