Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

I've been cooking all these sweets lately and they're not exactly healthy, so I wanted to try some creative healthy sweets, or healthier I should say.

Jack and the kids ate the loaf of peanut butter banana bread in a day, so I wanted to create a healthier version. 

My little helper Nicholas was right there with me helping me prepare these muffins. 

I decided to make a pan of mini muffins and a pan of regular sized muffins.

Ingredients:

Dry Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour

3/4 cup of old fashioned oats

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Wet Ingredients:

1/3 cup peanut butter (I used natural)

3 medium overripe bananas

1 large egg

2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed

1 and 1/4 cups milk (I used coconut milk)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients and set aside.

In another large bowl, smash the bananas and beat in the peanut butter and egg till well combined. Then add brown sugar, and milk. Stir until blended.

Add the mixed dry ingredients to the bowl containing the wet ingredients and stir. Batter will be a little thin and a little lumpy.

Fill prepared muffin cups with batter and bake for 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.



Pinterest Link:

http://pinterest.com/pin/222224562836525711/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast