Better Than Moms Linguine

Ever since I can remember, linguine and Clams was one of those staples my mom use to make on a pretty regular basis.  It was my favorite meal as a child and one of my favorite meals as an adult. When I first moved out from living with my parents, I use to make this meal for my roommates on a regular basis. I’m talking like a once a week kind of meal. My roommates loved it. Every time I cooked it however it would taste different. I would experiment with different things with this meal always trying to make it better.

Recently I prepared this meal for my parents and my mom actually liked it better than hers! I couldn’t believe my ears, something that was my favorite meal as a child; I actually improved it to taste better than my mom’s Linguine! I was shocked and pleased at the same time.  I have now mastered the cooking of my mom’s linguine and made it better!

Every once in a while I will throw peppers in it to give it a different kind of a taste, but this recipe is for the Mastered Version of my mom’s linguine.

Better Than Moms Linguine

Ingredients:
1 Yellow Onion, minced
10 cloves garlic, minced
Zest of 1 Lemon
2 (10 oz.) cans whole clams
1 (6.5 oz.) can chopped clams
Pinch red pepper flakes
4 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
½ cup wine
1 cup milk
1 tbs parsley, chopped
1 tsp. oregano, chopped
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
 
Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, drain clams reserving liquid.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add onions, garlic and red pepper flakes.  Sauté in pan until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
Add Flour and stir to combine with onion/garlic mixture. Deglaze pan with wine until combined. Add lemon zest, milk and spices.
Bring to a boil and add clams. Cover and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
Toss Pasta with Clam sauce and serve warm.  Top with fresh grated parmesan (optional).


Pinterest Link:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast