Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Growing up I remember cooking with my mom in the kitchen. My favorite was always making sugar cookies because I got to decorate them.

I'm so happy Nicholas (2) is so into helping me cook in the kitchen. 

I've been cooking so much lately, my egg supply is dwindling down. 

This morning when I was getting breakfast ready for my kiddos, I looked at the ripe bananas on the counter and realized I needed to do something with them before they became too ripe. 

Jack loves peanut butter & banana sandwiches, so I figured why not make some peanut butter banana bread. 

I was on a mission! My little sous chef, Nicholas was standing on a chair right next to me with a look of excitement on his face. This kid loves to cook just as much as mommy does.

Our peanut butter banana bread came out great!!!

Ingredients:
3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl mash the bananas. Add in the sour cream, peanut butter,  and melted butter. Once it's all combined add in the eggs and sugar.

In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients stirring just until combined.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for a bit before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.


Slice and serve. 


Pinterest Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast