Succulent Seared Scallops

I think scallops are one of the hardest things to cook. My mom and I have tried cooking scallops several different ways and we could never nail them spot on.

One day the kids and I were visiting my grandma and she just happened to be cooking scallops. The sear she had on the scallops was perfect. I had to try one.

I took a bite of a scallop and it seemed to just melt in my mouth. This was definitely a restaurant quality scallop. I then of course ate about 3 more of them. They were so delicious!

For those of you who cook scallops, or even those who don't, temperature is everything. If your temp is too low, it's not going to get that good sear and you will most likely end up over cooking them. So just remember one thing..... High Heat!

Ingredients:
8 sea scallops
salt
pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Prepare the scallops by removing the side muscle, if necessary. Rinse and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.

Heat olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Sear scallops for about 1 1/2 minutes per side, until a brown crust forms.
 
That's it! Sounds simple right! After years of trial and error, I finally got it right. They turned out delicious!

I served mine with brown rice and yellow squash sautéed with garlic and butter.


Pinterest Link:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast