The Elvis Presley

A couple of days ago, Jack shared with me a combination of his 3 favorite things... Bacon. Bananas. Peanut Butter. This sandwich was Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich.

I of course wanted to jump at this new breakfast meal for him. I will probably stick to my egg white omelet this morning, but as I've said before, what my hubby wants, my hubby gets.

This will be my first attempt at this meal. Fingers crossed it will be a success.

Ingredients:
6 slices of bacon, cut in half
1 banana, sliced
2 tbs. creamy Peanut butter

Directions:
To make a bacon weave, interlace the strips of bacon as you would a lattice top for a pie. 



Bake the weaves in a 350 degree oven for roughly 30 minutes, flipping halfway to cook bacon evenly on both sides.

When bacon is fully cooked on both sides, remove from oven and place on a plate covered with a napkin  to catch all those fat drippings and cover top of bacon with an additional napkin


After bacon has cooled, spread peanut butter on both sides, add sliced banana to one side of sandwich and assemble sandwich.





I made this sandwich for jack and I had to at least take a bite. All I can say is OMG! AMAZING!!!!! It has the perfect combination of salty and sweet. A must try in the kitchen if you haven't. Elvis sure did know a good sandwich! The King was spot on with this one.

Pinterest Link:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast