Margarita Marinated Chicken

I was debating on what to cook for dinner tonight. Chicken, Steak, Fish. There are so many different things you can do with these ingredients. I decided to go with chicken. We just happened to have some chicken thighs in the fridge and Jack and I love how tender chicken thighs are compared to breasts.

I don't want to knock eating chicken breast though. We typically eat chicken breasts, but it's nice to change things up every once in awhile with a different cut of meat.

Well, thanks to my cousin Tabitha, chicken won! She wanted a healthy chicken recipe and I just happened to have this one up my sleeve.

I usually marinate the chicken and cook on the BBQ, however we ran out of propane! DANG IT! Its too hard for me to run to the store with Nicholas and Brooklyn to pickup more propane, or I would've done it, but I was trying to figure it out and I hold each kid on each hip.... Where would the propane go? And those tanks aren't exactly light. So, next best thing, I decided to give the chicken a quick brown and finish it in the oven.

You can never go wrong with oven cooking, plus by browning over high heat and then placing in the oven, all of those delicious chicken juices will stay in the thigh so it's more tender upon taking out of the oven.

As for the paring with this meal, I am just going to roast some red potatoes and carrots.

Ingredients:
4 chicken thighs (or breast)
1 bottle beer
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges
1 tbs pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbs cayenne pepper (add more if you would like spicier)
8 red potatoes, quartered
6 oz. baby carrots

For Marinade:
Combine Beer and Onions. Squeeze lime wedges into marinade and place the rest of lime in marinade. Add spices and stir to combine. Add chicken to marinade and marinate for 2 hours to overnight.

Cooking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Place chicken, onions and limes in a large roasting pan. Surround chicken with potatoes and carrots. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil from pan and bake additional 15 minutes until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are golden brown.





Well this did not come out as pretty as I had hoped it would, but it was delicious still. My mom made a roasted chicken with lemon herbs and put the potatoes and carrots in the pan, so I was trying to do something similar with the chicken thighs, but it didn't produce as much juice from the chicken as a whole chicken does when you roast it.

Even so, this was a great meal.  Not all meals are extravagant. Some meals are just simple home cooked meals with a twist.

Pinterest Link:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast