Sushi Pinwheels



I saw this on Giada at Home a few weeks ago and I wanted to try this for my kids. Since Nicholas doesn't do lunch meat or pickles, I decided to just do peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

The first one I did, I had put a little too much jelly on it, so I realized I needed to use a small amount of jelly, or else it would ooze out the edge of the bread.

I actually ate one of the pinwheels after I had cut them. They were great and a fun way for the kids to eat a peanut butter and jelly rather than just cutting their sandwich in the normal squares.

Since my kids are toddlers, I actually only used 2 slices of bread to make them each a set of pinwheels.

Ingredients:
2 slices bread (I use whole grain), crust removed
4 tbs. peanut butter
2 tbs. jelly (I like using seedless for kids so you don't get the chunks of fruit in it)

Instructions:

Place the bread slices on a work surface. Using a rolling pin, lightly roll the bread until 1/4-inch thick.

 


 

 Spread one side of each slice with 2 tbs. peanut butter and top with 1. tbs. jelly.



Starting at the narrow end, roll up the bread like a jelly roll and press lightly to stick. Using a sharp knife, cut each roll into 4 pieces.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast