Vegan Lunch Salad

I know I know, I've been on a salad kick lately. I'm sorry about all these different salad posts for those of you looking for something more savory... Do not worry though, tonight's dinner will be savory. I cannot wait to start cooking it.

Today I wasn't quite sure what I wanted in my salad, but I knew that I had my morning star vegan burgers in the freezer and I had completely forgotten about the Morning Star Buffalo Wings I had bought.  Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

No Dressing needed for this salad either because of the balsamic reduction made with veggies. It's amazing and my stomach was very happy after eating this amazing salad.

Ingredients:
1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
6 Morning Star Buffalo Wings
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbs. coconut oil
6 tbs. balsamic vinegar
4 baby carrots, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
In a skillet, over medium heat, brown wings on both sides until golden brown.  Remove wings from pan and dice once they have cooled slightly.

Add garlic and peppers to pan stirring constantly. Add balsamic to deglaze pan and simmer 5 minutes until balsamic has slightly thickened. Remove from heat.

In a large bowl toss lettuce with wings, pepper mixture carrots, celery and season with salt and pepper. 

Since the peppers and garlic were cooked in the balsamic reduction, you just add it all to the salad and that is why no dressing is needed. It's amazing and if you're sensitive to spice of buffalo sauce, it slightly milds the flavor down a bit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast