Kale Kale and more Kale

Today after doing my daily routine of cleaning while the kiddos napped, I needed to figure out what to make for lunch.

The kale I made last night was so good that I wanted to slightly elevate it and make a healthy lunch of it. 

I decided to roast a sweet potato and cube up a little butternut squash to add to my concoction. 

Today has been a vegetarian day for me and I'll probably make some chicken for dinner so I can get some protein in my system.

Lunch came out great. The kids of course wanted something different but my lunch was awesome. I ate every bit of what I played for myself and I still have some leftover for lunch for tomorrow and possibly the following day.

Ingredients:
4 tbs. olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 baby bell peppers, minced
5 mushrooms, sliced
8 oz. kale, roughly chopped
1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
Salt and Pepper to taste

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, butternut squash, thyme, and 2 tbs. olive oil. Spread mixture onto a baking sheet and bake 45 minutes, turning halfway. Veggies should be fork tender.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté garlic, peppers and mushrooms in remaining 2 tbs. olive oil over medium heat 5 minutes until vegetables have softened. Add kale to pan and cook additional 10 minutes until kale has cooked down and slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.

Add squash & potatoes to kale mixture and stir to combine. Serve warm.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast