Michelle's Turkey Dish with a Twist



With the holidays, I feel like I haven't had a free moment. Thanksgiving has just passed and we ate pretty good for the most part. Since Jack and I have been eating healthy and exercising, we don't give into those cravings nearly as often as we use to. 

The lovely Michelle from my SacTown FitClub Family was so nice for sharing this recipe. I put my own twist on the dish for my Meal Prep Monday. I now have lunch for the kids and I for the next week. 

This meal is so amazing! Just because you eat healthy, doesn't mean it has to taste healthy. If seasoned right, your healthy meal can taste just as good as those bad meals, but without all those bad fats, sodium and sugars.

Well, this healthy meal is amazing, and what can I say about kale.... Oh how I love thee. Kale is amazing because of these reasons:


Oh, it tastes great too!!! You can cook it, bake it to make chips, or use for salad. It's such a versatile veggie you can eat in so many different ways! I try and use kale as much as possible because of the great nutrition value it holds. 

Hope you all try this recipe, spice it up a bit and feel free to make it your own! Give it your own twist!

Ingredients: 
1 lb lean turkey sausage
1 lb lean ground turkey
2 tbs cilantro, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbs. siracha 
2 cups peas
1 bunch kale, chopped
2 cups cooked brown rice



Instructions:

In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meat, garlic and pepper until cooked through. Drain.


Return meat mixture to pan and add ginger, red pepper flakes, siracha, kale and peas. Cover and cook an additional 5-10 minutes over medium heat until kale has slightly softened. Remove from heat and serve over rice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast