Pumpkin Protein Muffins Take 2

I wasn't 100% satisfied with my last batch so I tried these again....

Ingredients:

1 cup oat, almond, or whole-wheat flour (I used 1 cup brown rice flour)

1 cup unsweetened almond milk

2 egg whites

2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I used Herbalife French Vanilla)

½ cup unsweetened applesauce or incorporate any combination of almond butter or coconut oil that will still add up to ½ cup total (I used 1/2 cup homemade sugar free applesauce)

½ cup organic canned pumpkin

Pinch of salt

1 tsp baking powder

Cinnamon and other pumpkin pie (I used cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice)

2 Tbsp sweetener, such as Stevia, honey or agave nectar (I used agave)

 Instructions:

Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 350 degrees F

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl

Spray cooking spray on the muffin pan – try using coconut oil cooking spray

Fill the each muffin space ¾ of the way full

Place the pan in the oven and wait 20 minutes, checking on them periodically

**Try topping off the muffins with the following coconut milk whipped cream**

Makes 12 regular sized muffins or 36 mini muffins



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast