Healthy Deviled Eggs



During football season, I always make deviled eggs, but eating mayonnaise doesn't really fit into my clean eating meal plan.  My girl Amber shared this recipe with me yesterday, so of course I had to try it this morning for my morning snack. She al.ways creates such amazing and unique meal prep meals and this was without a doubt... FANTASTIC!!!!! I don't know if I'll ever go back to regular deviled eggs again.

For those of you who make deviled eggs, you know it's usually a combination of egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, etc. Those ingredients are not on the healthy side, so that's when you need to modify. Egg yolks are actually high in cholesterol, so it's not healthy to eat a bunch of them. Lucky for my, I only like egg whites!!! 

Ingredients:
One dozen hard boiled eggs, halved and yolks extracted
2- 4oz cans light tuna in water, drained
1/4 cup minced green chilies  (or jalapenos if you want more heat)
3 tbs. roasted red pepper hummus
2 tbs. fat free mustard (use spicy if you want spicier)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, cilantro
1 tsp. siracha
garnish (I used tomatoes)

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine tuna, peppers, hummus, mustard, cilantro and siracha. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop about 1/2 tbs. into each egg and garnish with chopped tomatoes or garnish of your choice.



I actually wanted a little bit of vegetables with this snack, so I decided to hollow out a cucumber and put this mixture inside the cucumbers as well.

It was AMAZING!!!

 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast