Homemade Granola

I absolutely love granola, however, most of the time when you buy granola at the store, it's loaded with sugar and a bunch of ingredients that I've never heard of, so I decided to make some granola of my own.
 
I decided to make a batch for myself and a batch for Jack. He wanted raisins and sunflower seeds and I wanted almonds and dried cranberries.
 
When making granola, you can pretty much put in it what you want.
 
Ingredients:
4 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Chips
1 Tablespoon of your favorite spice like cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or a mixture of cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and cloves for a gingerbread taste.
1 Cup of raw sliced almonds, chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or a fun combination. 1/2 Cup of dried cranberries, raisins, chopped apricots, chopped cherries, etc.
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Honey, or Agave.
You could also try 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
1 1/2 Teaspoons of vanilla, almond, or your favorite extract.
 
Directions:
Mix ingredients together and bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
 
How simple is that... The granola is good plain, on yogurt, with milk... There's so many ways to eat granola....
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast