Honey Bran Pancakes/Donuts

This morning before Jack and I hit the gym to get our cardio in, I needed to feed  the kids. Nicholas has been asking for pancakes for the past couple days and I haven't had any on hand, so this morning I was on a mission and creative this yummy masterpiece.

I did take a bite to make sure they were good and OMG! AMAZING!!!! It was like a Mimi's muffin in pancake and donut form.  I just used my mini donut maker to make donuts with half the batter and pancakes with the other half. 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1 1/4 cups oat bran
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 egg whites
1 1/2 cups milk (I used an almond coconut blend)
4 tbs pure honey
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Directions:
Mix the milk, eggs, honey and vanilla and set aside. Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the milk and egg mixture and whisk to combine. 

In a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat, pour 1/4 cup batter and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden on one side. Flip pancake and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Serve with the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast