Shrimp and Avocado Salad


Over the past week has definitely been a busy one. My grandma underwent knee replacement surgery, so the kids and I have been staying with her and helping her recover. She's doing freaking amazing though. I'm so thrilled with how fast she's healing. I keep joking that she's going to be running a marathon in a week because of how fast she's been moving around the house.

My girlfriend Sarah posted a similar recipe for this dish online that showed a video, but of course, I just winged it and made my own, not looking at the recipe and this came out AMAZING!!!!! I of course made enough for a small army, but hey, would you expect anything less coming from me when I cook? Those of you who have eaten at my house know that when I cook it's GO BIG or GO HOME! I love love love entertaining and giving people the gift of good food to nourish their bodies..... this was definitely a good nourishing meal. I probably could've eaten 2 bowls and if you want to be bad, but can totally eat this with chips, but I just ate this as is....

I know. I know. You're waiting for the recipe.... Here it is y'all.... Get ready for it.....

Shrimp and Avocado Salad

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
  • 1 English cucumber, sliced in quarters
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes
  • 4 avocados, cut into bite sized chunks
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
  • 1/2 cup red onion, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 2  tbs. chili powder, divided
  • 1 tbs. cumin, divided
  • 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
  • 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 1 tbs. olive oil
  • 4 limes, juiced

Instructions:
In a medium sized bowl, place shrimp, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1/2 tablespoon cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix until the seasoning is well incorporated into the shrimp. In a large skillet warm to medium high heat and toss shrimp into pan and cook until no longer translucent.

While shrimp is cooking, place the remaining ingredients to a large bowl except for the avocados (I like to add these last so they don't get too mushy).  When shrimp has finished cooking, cool slightly for 10-15 minutes and add to the bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. After you have mixed everything, add in the avocados and give it one more mix and Viola!!!!! Scrumptious, Yummy Salad!!!! 

Feel Free to enjoy this salad as is, or with chips. It's delicious either way. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast