Flax Oat Muffins

Sometimes I crave super healthy things like bran muffins. Jack tells me I eat like old people because I like things like bran muffins, cottage cheese, tapioca, and prunes.

Since the kids love sweet treats, I decided to make healthy bran muffins for them. Nicholas ate two straight out of the oven. This kid loves these muffins. I actually indulged in one myself and they were DELICIOUS!!!!!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup flaxseed meal
3/4 cup oat bran
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup carrots, grated
1 large apple, grated
1/2 cup raisins 
3/4 cup almond milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Instructions:


In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Stir in carrots, apples and raisins. Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast