Gluten Free Pancakes



I'll go ahead and admit that I am a bit of a pancake snob. I wouldn't dream of feeding my kids something I wouldn't eat. After searching several recipes, a little trial and error with consistencies, I finally got it right!!!! And to make it even better, the kids love love love these!!! Nicholas actually thinks these taste like cake... It's like the Kix motto, these are kid tested, mother approved!!!

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups brown rice flour
2/3 cup tapioca starch
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Mix the almond milk and eggs and set aside. Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the milk and egg mixture and whisk to combine. Add the melted butter and whisk once more. 

In a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat, pour 1/4 cup batter and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden on one side. Flip pancake and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Serve with the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!


For the kids I decided to make a homage chunky apple sauce and top their pancakes with it. No sugar added, just apples, cinnamon and a dash of water and I cooked the apples until soft.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast