Cauliflower Fried Rice

Wow, I cannot believe it's been so long since I've blogged. I'm finally back though. I've had a little hiccup with my health and needed to modify my eating due to a rare liver disease I was diagnosed with. Rather than let this disease get the best of me, I've decided to kick this disease in the butt! I'm fighting this everyday and I'm praying and hoping with this drastic change that in 6 months the doctors will see a major change with my health.

Eating healthy isn't what it's all about, exercise is needed with proper nutrition. Tomorrow will be my first day back at the gym since I've gotten sick. I am fighting this every step of the way... I know I can do this. Never giving up!

So with this new change in my nutrition plan, I'm doing a high fiber plant based plan. Meat will definitely be hard to give up but my health and family is my number 1 priority. 

This was an AMAZING paleo dish I made and wow! I'm hooked. I tried doing a lemon cauliflower rice in the past and I wasn't too pleased with it, but this was is so good and I'm definitely going to make this again!!!!

Ingredients;
4 cups riced cauliflower, loosely packed (don’t cook it, rice it raw!)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 shallot or small onion, diced (I used a large shallot)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1/4 cup peas (optional)
3 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos (I used liquid aminos — if you use soy sauce, start with less and taste before adding the whole amount)
6 egg whites and 2 yolks, beaten
Directions:
To rice cauliflower: Process fresh cauliflower until it is the size of rice, either using the plain steel blade or the shredder blade. Alternatively, you can shred it with a hand-held grater, or even use a knife, if you have the dexterity to chop it up VERY finely.
 Scramble eggs and set aside.
In a skillet on medium heat, heat the coconut oil, then add carrot and onion/shallot (not the green onion) and saute for a couple minutes. Add the cauliflower to the skillet, stir and add liquid aminos or soy sauce.  Saute until softened (this took mine about 10 minutes, but it will depend on the size of your cauli rice and the heat–just taste test!). 
Next, make a well in the center of pan and add eggs. Cover pan until eggs are cooked through, stirring eggs frequently.  Add peas, taste the mixture, and add a bit more liquid aminos or soy sauce if you like 
Serve hot. You can add chicken, shrimp or anything you want. If you add too many veggies besides the cauli, celery, carrots, and peas, it’ll lose it’s “fried rice” feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast