Thai Ground Turkey Salad



I cannot explain how much I love eating healthy!!! I feel AMAZING!!! Had I known a year ago I would be eating clean, I probably wouldn't believe it.  I now cannot imagine eating differently. This has been such an amazing lifestyle change. I love it.

Not only do I have crazy energy to keep up with my two toddlers, I workout everyday and have started doing more crafts with the kids and taking them out more places. I've overcome some personal fears I've had and challenged myself to try harder.... I'm now a No Excuses Mom! 

I challenge myself everyday to try something new.... This recipe was definitely something new, and it was a complete success.... You don't even need dressing because this is so amazing! 

I hope you all try it!

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground turkey (less than 10% fat)
2 tsp. sasame oil (or slightly more if you're not using a non-stick pan)
6 cloves finely minced garlic
1/2 cup onion, minced 
6 baby bell peppers, minced
2 tbs fresh grated ginger
1 tbs chili paste
1 tbs siracha
2 tbs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tbs pure honey 
6 cups coarsely chopped and washed romaine lettuce (about 3 heads of romaine hearts, with outer leaves removed)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or more)
1/4 cup chopped mint (or more)
1/2 cup chopped peanuts (for garnishing salad)
fresh cut limes to squeeze on at the table (optional)

Instructions:
Mince the onions, garlic, and pepper, and chop the mint and cilantro (or green onion.)  

Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook turkey, garlic, onions, and peppers over medium-high heat until it's well cooked and nicely browned, about 7 minutes.  Drain and return to pan. Add ginger, chili paste, siracha, soy sauce, honey and cook over low heat for 5 minutes and remove from heat. 


Chop the romaine and wash and spin dry with a salad spinner (or wash in a colander and dry with paper towels.)  Chop the peanuts and slice a few lime slices (if using.)  When the meat mixture has cooled 4-5 minutes, mix in the chopped mint and cilantro.

To serve the salad, fill the bowl with lettuce and top with a generous scoop of the seasoned turkey mixture and top with a few tablespoons of chopped peanuts.  Serve with fresh lime slices to squeeze over at the table if desired. 


Here's Jacks:


For mine, I added cucumber:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast