Healthy Chili Mac




As silly as it seems because I am such an outgoing person, being on video scares the crap out of me, but they say do one thing that scares you. Challenge yourself because fear will drive you more right? Well, I refuse to let fear take over me because I know what I am capable of, so here’s to doing my very first live cooking show since I was on Good Day Sacramento!!!! EEeekkkk!!!

It went wonderful though, I prepped all my food, battled with my can opener because I need a new one and I was somehow at ease or in my own world once I hit that LIVE start button on Facebook. 

I really want to incorporate my cooking to this amazing program I am a part of because I love it and it’s so easy, plus, teaching others is my passion, especially when it comes to the kitchen. I’m again in my own world in the kitchen. I’ve been cooking for years, since I was little and I love it. From cooking dinners nightly with my parents, to now teaching my kids and you all how to cook my recipes. I hope you all enjoy it and I am always willing to take food requests if you want to see YOUR FAVORITES here! 

When I started the 30 days to Healthy Living with Arbonne, I’ll admit, I was nervous because I was afraid I was still going to be hungry in between meals and I was nervous about cutting out the gluten and cheese, but I know I needed to because my body was not happy with me when I would ingest a ton of dairy. Those flare ups that I use to get post gallbladder surgery started coming back again and I knew I needed to do something to get back to healthy me again, so I took the plunge, bought the nutrition value pack which is amazing, and who knew Jack would love it… his favorites (Tea + Fizz Sticks = Tizzy, although he refuses to call it a tizzy!)

So, to kick start sharing with all of you, I wanted to share with you a comfort favorite that my mom use to cook as a child and I remember eating as an adult with cut up hot dogs and corn in it… I remember Chili Mac as a child… It was Kraft Mac n Cheese and a can of Chili, and I remember growing up it was SOOOOOO Good!!!! And so I wanted to try and figure out a healthier option for it since I’m doing the 30 days to Healthy Living, so I came up with this… 

Healthier Chili Mac

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of ground turkey
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 tablespoons garlic
  • 3 1/2 cups chicken broth (I used homemade bone broth)
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 10 oz red lentil pasta (or gluten free pasta of your choice)
  • 2 cups almond cheese shredded
  • Cilantro, optional for garnish

Directions:
In a large pot, cook ground turkey, onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent.  Add chicken broth, kidney beans, white kidney beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper.  Mix well and bring to a boil. 

Add pasta and boil 12-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked through.  Stir as needed. When pasta has absorbed liquid and is cooked through, add cheese and mix well. 

Cook for another 3-5 minutes until pasta is cooked through and cheese has combined into mixture. Serve warm and top with cilantro.

And of course always taste test!!!!




Here’s how to cook this yummy goodness

The finishing touches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast