Paleo Shrimp Alfredo with Bacon



Those  of you who know me, know that I'm slightly obsessed with seafood. I eat just about everything that comes from the sea. Shrimp is one of my absolute favorites.

Since Jack and I are on this paleo kick right now, I wanted to make something with shrimp. I found this recipe on Pinterest, so I decided to try it. It was very good. Jack even liked it. I was a little worried at first because I tried to make a paleo stroganoff one time and the sauce came out too sweet because of the coconut milk. This one on the other hand was amazing. I of course added a few things of my own to make it my own and increased a few items on the recipe.

This is definitely a dish that I will make again. Maybe throw a diced up tomato in next time and some fresh basil. I bet that would be delicious in this recipe.

 
Ingredients
1 spaghetti squash
4 pieces bacon
1 lb. shrimp
1 head roasted garlic
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
drizzle of olive oil
1 cup light canned coconut milk
Instructions:
To Roast Garlic:Cut the top of the bulb off so that the top of the cloves are exposed, place on aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil, wrap the aluminum foil around it all and bake it at 350 for about 1 1/2 hours. 
 
Place shrimp in a Ziploc bag with all spices and drizzle a little olive oil in, seal and shake. Let those ingredients get acquainted while you prep your squash and such.
 
For the spaghetti squash, cut lengthwise, remove the seeds, and boil for 30 minutes. 
 
Meanwhile, cook your bacon until crisp, set aside reserving bacon grease.  Chop your bacon once it’s cooled.
 
Over medium heat, add your seasoned shrimp in the bacon grease. Once your shrimp is fully cooked remove from the pan and stir in coconut milk and roasted garlic. I used a whisk to break down the garlic.  Cook over med/low heat until garlic is infused in your sauce and it’s thickened slightly. 
 
Place your shrimp back in the sauce to heat back up. 
 
Once your squash is completely cooked take it out of the water and fork it to get your “noodles”, ladle some sauce and shrimp over it, and of course top with bacon!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast