Happy New Year and 2019!!!!!





Happy New Year!!!!!! Out with the old and in with the new!!!! As I reflect on my 2018, there are experiences, losses, memories, and beginnings and endings of so many things. I began and ended my 2018 with my bestie which is absolutely a must and got to meet her precious new bundle of joy! I'm totally in love with him. He's just so stinking cute!!!!

My family spent the last two weeks of 2018 in the beautiful sunny Hawaii soaking up the sun. It was a much needed getaway for all of us. A time for us to bond as a family. A trip filled with hikes, Diamond Head, Inside Jokes between family, a catamaran sunset ride, fresh coconuts from the side of the road, slipping in the mud, sandy beaches, some sketchy restaurants we found on the side of the road, Dole Whips, Family Christmas, and reminiscing on memories of Grandpa who never got to take his final trip to Hawaii. This trip was for him and even our last day we could feel him there with us as we picked a random place to eat and it just so happened to be in the neighborhood he grew up in and around the corner from where he went to high school. It was a perfect Christmas away for the Holidays, but yes, by the end, it did feel good to sleep in my own bed when we returned home.

As 2019 got closer I began to think about resolutions, stuff I wanted to do, stuff I wanted to stick to, stuff I wanted to accomplish in life, as a parent, in fitness, in family and in friendship. It got me thinking more about my blog and how I could make all of you a part of my journey, so I decided to devote my 2019 and part of my personal growth to 365 days of blogging. Whether it be a quick recipe or just a quick peek into life and how I manage my craziness or juggling the craziness. Those close friends of mine know what I’m talking about... LOL

So for Day 1, today we woke up tired, still trying to get back on California time from Hawaii time. I will say though that I did enjoy that all three of the kids slept in this morning which they never do. The usually wake up between 6-7am so the fact they slept in until 8:30 this am was freaking amazing. I definitely enjoyed those extra zzzz's this am. Our New Years Day was relaxing. My how times have changed..... 10 years later, 3 kids, no signs of a hangover and doing laundry on New Years lol.

We started the day still with strong coffee, a little Paw Patrol, and then I began my daily cleaning... you know, the mom life. Dishes, laundry, putting away laundry, trying to get kids to organize toys.... then it's lunch time... Which means leftovers from NYE, so I whip together a Taco Salad for myself, Jack has Nachos, and of course the kids all want something different. Jonathan wants Top Ramen, Nicholas wants a Quesadilla and Brooklyn, my total mini, wants the same thing as mommy, a taco salad, but with a side of homemade tortilla chips. By the time lunch is done, I have eat about half my salad because I somehow don't have as much of an appetite after cooking food for everyone else. I don't know if that happens to the rest of you moms out there. Am I the only one? Oh Thank Goodness it's not just me!!!

By the time dinner rolls around, I am ready to throw together something spectacular, something I just pull out of my sleeves because dinner is a meal that brings us all together. Dinner is the one meal that we all eat together. Dinner is for Prayer. Dinner is where we all come to the table together and talk about our day, talk about different things together. As I'm deciding what to cook, I began checking the spices I have on hand and Jonathan wants to be held and not even 2 minutes into browning the pork chops on both sides, he conks out..... Like passed out.... down for the count.... so I run him into the bedroom where Jack is watching The Goldbergs so I can finish cooking... some random Smothered Pork Chops I just whipped up.....

I literally just threw these babies together and usually I use fresh broccoli, but I had some frozen broccoli, so I steamed it and threw a tablespoon of butter in the broccoli and tossed it to coat.

As for the Pork Chops, they were super easy...

Smothered Pork Chops
Ingredients:
8 Boneless Pork Chops
1/4 cup butter softened
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil minced
1/2 cup grated cheddar
salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. 

Salt and pepper pork chops on both sides. Using a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides (1 min each side, you’ll finish cooking in oven). After you’ve browned, place each pork chop on a baking sheet.

While you’re browning pork chops, combine butter, Parmesan, garlic powder and basil in a small bowl. Spread the butter mixture on top of each pork chop once you’ve browned and top with cheddar.

Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until pork chops are cooked through. If the cheese has not browned, you can put the oven on broil for a minute or two, but watch it carefully so you don’t burn the cheese. 



See and like I said.... easy peasey.... lemon squeezey! Super simple easy dinner! Jack and the kids loved it! Well, except Jonathan who passed out early... guess he will get to indulge in some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Remember to make each and every day count y’all! Today is the first day of 2019, make it a good day and make it memorable and unforgettable!!!! See y’all for the next 365 days!!! Cannot wait to share this journey with each and every one of you!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast