McGriddles.... Low Carb Style

Ok, so I don't know about y'all but I love love love breakfast and everything it entails. Well, after a long week, I knew breakfast was just the answer my hubby needed. Breakfast seems to just bring everything together. If you've had a rough week, make breakfast! If you've had a rough day, make breakfast! Yes, the answer is always, Make Breakfast. So I wanted to try something a little fun. WE love those fast breakfasts on the go, but don't always want all those carby calories, so I wanted to find a low carb way to do it, but something that still tastes good and I came across this... A Low Carb McGriddle, which by the way, I'll be honest, the McDonalds Mcgriddle is actually one of my favorites. That savory with a little sweet... OMG!!!! Party in your mouth!!!!

Jack kept coming into the kitchen as I whipped up this breakfast and I wouldn't spill the secret of what I was making. I didn't want to tell him. I wanted it to be a surprise and a surprise indeed. I watched him as he sunk his teeth into that first bite and he loved it! I still need to perfect my egg. I'm thinking I need a square egg pan like the ole Mickey D's has so I can make a cute square folded one, but the scrambled egg one worked just fine and it still had an amazing taste.

Ingredients

For Pancake "Buns"


  • 1/2 cup sugar free pancake syrup
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 oz cream cheese
  • 2/3 cup Almond Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp maple extract
  • 10-15 drops liquid stevia

For filling

  • 4 eggs scrambled or fried
  • 4 slices cheddar cheese
  • slices bacon or breakfast sausage, cooked

Instructions

Heat the syrup to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for several minutes until syrup has thickened and reduced by half. 

Pour the syrup onto a parchment lined pan and place in into the freezer for at least 1 hour. 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a whoopie pie pan. Spray the inside of the rings with non-stick spray. 

Place the remaining ingredients for the buns into a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour evenly into the rings (approximately 2-3 tablespoons per pie mold)

Remove the syrup from the freezer and gently peel the parchment away from the syrup. Break it into small pieces and evenly distribute the pieces into the batter.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the rings.  




Assemble to sandwiches by topping one pancake bun with one slice of bacon or sausage, one egg and one slice of cheese, then top with a second bun.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast