Cooking with Love



Love.... Love Love Love.... The Secret is love. Love for everyone. Those who know me, I love all. I lead with my heart and when I cook...... it's the secret to my cooking. I love love love to cook and I put all of my heart into my cooking. Whether it's making a fancy Steak Oscar for Jack, or something as simple as today's lunch like "Breakfast for Lunch." My heart, my love goes into it all. Love. I feel like when you put your love into it, especially something like your cooking, the ones who you're sharing your cooking with get to almost taste the emotion that went into your cooking. It reminds me of that movie Simply Irresistible with Sarah Michelle Gellar. She's a chef and her emotions go into her cooking. That's how I feel when I cook. Even after a hard day, an easy day, whatever kind of day it may have been, all of my love will always go into my cooking. 

Today is day of snuggling up together.... A day of movies and blankets and warmth. Our heater is out, so the kiddos and I are trying to keep warm. We're huddled up in my bedroom watching movies. First we watched Inner World, Outer World (a pic from my best friend Chris and the kids loved it!!!). I definitely recommend this movie. It's a much watch. Next it was letting the kids pick a movie while I move onto cooking them a somewhat spectacular lunch of their choosing. 

I asked what they wanted for lunch... Today's request: BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH!!!! You got it kids! This momma would not let my littles down! I love love love cooking for them and breakfast is one of my specialties! And since we're eating better for 2019, I wanted to do a gluten-free pancake recipe for the kiddos. They can never tell the difference when I do gluten-free, it's just coconut or almond flour which they get picky with sometimes. Today I used coconut flour, but they were all pleased.

As I was cooking these pancakes, this little pancake thief decided to keep his momma company in the kitchen and by keep me company, I mean get first dibs on the pancakes as I got done cooking them. LOL. I think he ate 3 before breakfast was even ready. I mean, how do I say no to this face????



Today's "Breakfast for Lunch" consisted of bacon, pancakes, eggs, and bananas. The bacon I cooked in the oven at 325 for about 30 minutes until crispy. Jack likes his softer, but the kids like theirs super crispy, so I let the bacon crisp up a bit today.  Pancake recipe is below and the bananas I just gave them a quick slice. Usually I would fan them out a bit more on the plates, but the kids were getting a bit impatient, so I had to quickly slice and had the plates over right after I snapped a pic. lol 

Pumpkin Pancakes
Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 egg white
  • 3 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 2 oz cream cheese (or add substitute for pumpkin puree for dairy free)
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons Serve Confectioners
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • dash of salt
Instructions
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until thoroughly combined. Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes. 

Grease Skillet or griddle with butter.

Scoop approx 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle or skillet. 

When you start to see bubbles in the top of the pancake flip carefully and cook the other side.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast