Zuppa Toscano Recipe Saturdays!!!!!


Happy Saturday y'all!!!! Love Love Love my Saturday mornings. My time with Family. My mornings with Jack. Our Snuggles in bed with the kiddos as we watch Saturday morning cartoons. Saturday wine with mom and grandma. Saturdays are one of my favorite days of the week. It is our day that is always devoted to family. Saturdays have been about family since my grandma moved up here from the Bay Area and since we use to visit to the Bay Area on weekends. I love our Saturdays together. Our Saturdays of bonding and reconnecting after our week. No matter what happens during out week, Saturdays always bring us back together. Saturdays have grown. It started off just mom, grandma, me and Ashley, and it has grown by three children. They join our Saturdays every week. I mean, I dare not bring them, I would definitely get in trouble. Grandma loves her time with the great-grand babies. We're building tradition together. We're building memories and these are the memories that will stay with the kids forever. They will remember these good times, our laughter, and our moments that bring us all together every single Saturday.

As far as cooking, I didn't cook today, but I didn't want to let y'all down either so I wanted to share a little recipe I had up my sleeve. It's a rainy windy day today.... Trust me, just ask my hair.... After pampering myself and getting dolled up today and I walked outside to have my hair completely blown like crazy by gusts of wind. That was fun. I swear it was going to swoop little Jonathan away because he's so little. He definitely got ALL of my Filipino genes!!!! 

So on this windy, rainy day, I wanted to share with you a little soup recipe because there is nothing like some hot soup on a rainy day to warm you up!!!! So.... here's a little something I had up my sleeve for y'all... please grab a bowl, a spoon and come enjoy this deliciousness!!!


Zuppa Toscano Soup

INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 slices bacon, diced
  • 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 4 cups chicken broth or bone broth
  • 1 lb radishes, thinly sliced
  • 3 cups kale
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • Parmesan to top on bowls
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

  • DIRECTIONS:


  1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
  2. Add Italian sausage to the skillet and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
  3. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add radishes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
  4. Stir in sausage and kale until it begins to wilt, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  5. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and bacon. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast