Saturday Mornings are for..... WAFFLES!!!!



Saturday Mornings are the best. The days the kids sleep in, the days for morning snuggles, the mornings for morning cartoons together, the mornings for special breakfast requests because we have those extra moments together. Saturday mornings are the moments of endless possibilities. Saturday mornings are when anything is possible... Some Saturdays may be as simple as pancakes or waffles and then there will be some complex Saturdays with some homemade eggs Benedict and you know I can never refuse to put my own little twist on it so we've pretty much tried them all from traditional Benedict's to crab, shrimp, lobster, spinach, asparagus..... oh yea, we're talking about WAFFLES today... Sorry, I get a little carried away when I start thinking about Benedict and what goes into making that buttery succulent Hollandaise sauce... Thinking about it just makes my mouth water.....

So for Waffles... Waffles are always so much fun to make. I have definitely been creative with waffles for my kids, from the traditional Belgian Waffles, to even Pizza Waffles... yes, you heard me right! I have made freaking Pizza Waffles! Those were actually so much fun to make! I had my SIL, bestie and her hubby over for dinner and we decided to do a dinner waffle bar of pizza waffles with Marinara dipping sauce... We got to build our own and we had a crazy amount of toppings. It was so much fun! I may have to try it again and post a recipe here because I think we made them and ate them so fast that none of us even got pictures of them!!! For Shame I tell ya!!!! 

Well, this morning, I wanted to make a waffle that was good and healthier also for the kids and Jack since we're trying to eat better, so I was determined to come up with something and the thing I came up with was freaking amazing. The kids loved them and I don't think we even had any leftovers!!!! 

The best part of waffles is I get the best little helper in the kitchen....


Keto Waffles
Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons almond butter
  • 2 tablespoons butter,  melted
Directions:

Preheat Waffle Iron and adjust temperature to preferred doneness. 

While the waffle iron is warming, place all ingredients, except butter into a high powered blender or food processor and blend on high until all ingredients are incorporated. Add butter and blend again a few more seconds. 

Use cooking spray to lightly grease waffle iron to prevent sticking and place about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of batter to waffle iron and cook until it's browned to your preferred doneness. 

These waffles are perfect and serve warm topped with your favorite syrup. We love our sugar free maple syrup. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast