Roasted Red Pepper Chicken


Day 8 of 365:

Today was the kids first day back to school from Winter Break.  I would be lying if I said getting out of bed was super easy this morning. Since we returned from Hawaii, the kids sleep schedule has been a bit off, so last night I wanted to make sire we were all up in time, so I got a little OCD and setup multiple alarms. 6am rolled around this am and it was the ole, "Why are we up this early mom????" for the first 30 minutes. I guess the kids really were enjoying that beauty sleep they had been getting the past 3 weeks. Well, that time is over now kiddos!!! LOL

Thank goodness I had the kids get their clothes ready last night cause getting dressed this morning was super easy and I even had some extra time to do breakfast requests. Brooklyn wanted an over easy egg with a side of apples, Nicholas wanted the homemade granola I made the other day and Jonathan spent the night at my parents last night so he had no requests for me this am and when I swung by this am to drop off the car seats, he was still sleeping, so he got an extra day of beauty rest. 

My dad was so great and was a big help with the kiddos today and pickup for school and helping with Jonathan. Nicholas started his Anatomy class today and he had his first field trip for home school which was to the theater. We saw the new Mary Poppins which was super cute! We loved the movie, minus the numerous bathroom trips, but it never fails when we go to the movies.... multiple bathroom trips. The joy of taking kids to the movies. Nicholas loved his Anatomy class though, and asked if he could go back tomorrow, which I told him he could cause he is going to be taking 3 classes on Wednesdays. He's so excited to be spending some more time at the new Center. His Wednesdays are definitely going to be busy busy busy between school and ABA. 

Today with the field trip, we didn't get done until almost 4:30, and so I went to my parents to relieve my dad. Brooklyn had Brownies tonight so I knew I wouldn't be done running around with the kids until 7:30. Yes, Brownies... and guess what???? Guess what time it is??? It's cookie season!!! Taking Pre-orders stating Friday!!!! 

Since this day was such a crazy day, I didn't have a chance to cook anything. It was leftover day for me, but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging and I wanted to share with you one of my favorite recipes. I made this dish for my bestie on one of our dinner nights. It was one of those recipes that I was just trying out and OMG it was so good!!!! Definitely at the top of my list for good recipes!!!!


Roasted Red Pepper Chicken

INGREDIENTS

  • 1.5 lb chicken thighs, boneless/skinless
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tsp pink salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • oz goat cheese
  • 1-2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE

  • 4 oz roasted red peppers (in water)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and heat a large skillet to medium high heat.

Add the thighs to a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. 

Add coconut oil to the hot skillet and lay the thighs in the skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side.

While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Add the roasted red peppers, garlic cloves and olive oil to a blender and pulse until pureed. 

Add heavy cream to the sauce and blend once more.

Once thighs have cooked through most of the way, remove from heat and pour the sauce over the thighs. If desired, flip the thighs over to fully coat them.

Crumble goat cheese on top of the thighs and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.

Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately! I served mine with spiraled butternut squash noodles and asparagus, lightly tossed with browned butter. 

Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge up to 5 days. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast