The BEST VIEW & Recipe of Day: Broccoli & Smoked Sausage Casserole


Hallelujah!!!!!!! Day 2 and again my children are sleeping in passed 8 o'clock. Could this be the year they're turning a new leaf, or are they still on Hawaii time??? Either way, I'll take it! Gives this mama some reflection time... time to reflect... Reflection on some growth.... See this picture above. I hiked this two weeks ago. This was Koko Head Crater Trail in Hawaii. It was one of the most challenging, but yet rewarding hikes I have ever done. There were moments of weakness where I wanted to just give up, there were moments where I wanted to turn around and go back down, but guess what, I persevered. My word for 2019 is PERSEVERE!!!! It's my Motto of the Year, let nothing stand in my way and I will PERSEVERE through every obstacle, just as I did through this climb. Just know, that even the hardest climbs have an amazing view from the top. If I would've given up, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy this view from the very top.... I’m so blessed that my sister and uncle were there with me this hike as we all conquered and they were there to root me on when they could see me in my weak moments. I am so blessed I had them by my side during this hike!!! This day we were completely Limitless. 




Now back to the rugrats..... so, Yes they slept in and even with these extra zzz's they've been getting, they've still managed to stay pretty productive and today was our Day 1 of "Back to School" work but at home. Brooklyn doesn't go back to school until next week, so she's going to just do some homeschooling work this week, but you know what, she did great today! Each day I like to start the day with a new whiteboard. 


I love to get the kids thinking, positive thinking that is, so today's whiteboard them is "Wannabe Wednesday." I found this gem on Pinterest, so I just copied it onto our whiteboard in my handwriting of course and then I read the board to the kids and get their brains working. I love the brain work in the morning because it gets their minds working and thinking and puts them in that positive mindset. I love for them to kind of think outside of the box.  So, the things they picked for their board today... Brooklyn wants to be "A Teacher",  Jonathan wants to be "A Firefighter" and Nicholas wants to be "A Seahawks Player"

On another note, I just have to share one of the things that Nicholas journaled today because this was the quote he picked out today in his journal and I was just in Awwwww.... such a proud mama moment. He has this Boys Homeschooling Journal and each day has 4 pages of different things he gets to do, so today he got to pick an inspirational quote and I asked him who he wanted to pick a quote from and he said Dr. Seuss and so I began reading different Dr. Seuss quotes to him and the one he picked was this one: "You have to be odd to be number one." I just loved this quote in it's entirety and it's unique just like he is. It was the perfect quote. 

As for cooking today, cause I know y'all want some food, today's menu I just am making this little sausage casserole for the fambam. It's a keto recipe that I know the kids will love. Super easy and it's something that's easy to throw together because today was a busy afternoon since Nicholas had his ABA and Group. As I cooked dinner, Mr. Jonathan kept coming into the kitchen stealing the "hot dogs" from the cutting board. lol The recipe was super simple and I just love love love casseroles cause it works for meal preps for Jacks lunches!!! Win win! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Broccoli & Smoked Sausage Casserole

Ingredients:
  • 28 ounces fresh broccoli florets
  • 16 ounces smoked sausage
  • 10 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Add the broccoli to a large microwave safe bowl along with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. Let sit, covered, for 2 minutes.

While broccoli is steaming, slice the sausage into thin rounds and add to a hot skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned on the outside.

Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and mix well to combine.

Stir the cream cheese mixture and browned sausage into the steamed broccoli until well combined.

Transfer broccoli to an 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle the Parmesan over the top.

Bake for 10 minutes until Parmesan is slightly melted. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spaghetti Squash with Southwest Chicken

Our Sourdough Adventure - The Skinny on a Starter.

Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast